YOUR HEALTH IS IMPORTANT TO US
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
Here at Johnny Goggles, your health and the health of your eyes is our absolute priority.
We provided urgent and essential eye care throughout the summer lockdown and resumed routine eye care in June 2020. We are therefore experienced in safely providing eye care, glasses and contact lenses under Covid-19 conditions.
NO NEED FOR APPREHENSION
If you are apprehensive about visiting a large or multi-roomed practice, you may be reassured by our more personal approach.
As an independent boutique practice, we have always provided a high level of service tailored around each individual and this is now more important than ever. We are fortunate to have a spacious practice, with large consulting rooms.
We are also limiting the number of visitors to the practice via a locked-door, appointment only policy. This means we can ensure correct social distancing can be maintained and we can clean thoroughly between visitors.
THE MEASURES WE HAVE TAKEN
Here are some of the measures we have taken to ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
- Conducted a deep clean of the practice.
- Developed a detailed risk assessment and COVID-19 infection control policy (available on request).
- Kept up to date on all government and governing body advice and modified our procedures in line with best practice.
- Carried out physical modifications to our equipment and reception and consulting areas.
- Provided all staff and patients with relevant PPE
- Limited the number of patients in the practice.
- In addition staff carry out lateral flow tests twice a week (from Jan 2021) and have received vaccinations.
- All areas are cleaned between patients and eyewear is UVc sanitised.
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
When you contact us to book an appointment we will ask you a few questions to see if we can offer you eye care advice over the phone in the first instance. If demand for appointments is high, we will prioritise people with urgent or essential requirements, such as recent changes to vision. This also includes appointments for people who require new spectacles or contact lenses due to visual difficulties, or because they have lost or broken their spectacles.
In order to aid social distancing, we will ask you to attend your appointment alone, unless it is not possible for you to do so. If you need someone to accompany you, please let us know when you book.
COMING INTO THE PRACTICE
If you do come into the practice for an appointment you will need to:
- Wear a face mask while in the practice. (These will be provided by us if you do not have a mask).
- Sanitise your hands on arrival and have your temperature taken.
- Follow social distancing rules whilst in the practice.
YOUR SIGHT TEST
Your sight test will feel a little different to normal. We will ask you questions about your eye health remotely ahead of your face to face appointment and do any pre-screening tests separately from your sight test. Following NHS guidance, routine sight tests will only be performed where we can protect our staff and patients by minimising face to face contact time. In line with social distancing guidelines we strongly advise using remote imaging technology to examine the health of your eyes.
If you would like or need to choose new glasses, all frames that you try on will be sterilised between patients.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions which have not been answered here or if you have any concerns about your eye health.